The Cthulhu Hack is a tabletop role-playing game in the tradition of the Original 1970s Fantasy Roleplaying Game, based on the hugely popular modern OSR clone The Black Hack.
The Cthulhu Hack summons and binds the fast play potential of the original (just a little bit), adding in new elements to handle an investigation and deal with the sanity-shattering shock of facing Things Best Left Unknown. It uses The Black Hack's elegant Usage Die mechanic to emulate the dwindling investigative resources available to those intrepid sorts willing to put their lives and reputations on the line in pursuit of the Unmentionable and Unthinkable.
- You can create a new character in less than 5 minutes
- Choose from five Classes and 30 Occupations
- Simple and elegant system for gathering clues and information means you can pick up almost any adventure for investigative games - Cthulhu-haunted or otherwise - and convert them on the fly
- Designed for quick and easy pick-up play, simple to explain to new players but with enough crunch to satisfy those experienced with other games
The Cthulhu Hack Slim Box bundle: the core physical books for this standalone game of investigation and Lovecraftian horror. Includes:
- 52-page The Cthulhu Hack A5 Core book
- 20-page From Unformed Realms, random horror generator;
- 88-page The Haunter of the Dark, a story-to-adventure how-to guide;
The books are contained in an A5-sized slim box and come with 4 wipeable character cards.
Created using The Black Hack: This is a standalone product, including the Open Game License material of The Black Hack. Backward compatibility means you can bring Lovecraftian monsters and investigative mechanics to The Black Hack and other hacks based on the system.
Manufactured in: United Kingdom.