Numenera’s Ninth World setting is Earth—a billion years in the future. The eight previous worlds that spanned the millennia reached beyond Earth, spreading their civilization through our solar system, our galaxy, and even other dimensions. Now your campaign can follow in their footsteps!
Into the Night expands the setting of Numenera even beyond the new territories unveiled in the hugely successful Ninth World Guidebook. Visit locations in Earth’s orbit, on the moon, on Mars, and around distant stars. You’ll find it loaded with the weird and fascinating science-fantasy sensibilities that set Numenera apart from any other roleplaying game!
Like the Ninth World, the realms beyond Earth are mysterious, majestic, terrifying, and filled with the unknown. Will you join the midnight pilgrims and discover what lies beyond Earth’s shores?
This book includes:
• Dozens of locations on the moon, elsewhere in our solar system, and beyond—all as weird and imaginative as you’d expect from the Ninth World’s setting. Visit Branu’s Kiss, the Thon Iridescence, the wreck of the Vlerryn, the cloud cities of Urvanas, and the Swarmstar, perhaps the strangest sight in the void.
• Multiple ways to escape Earth’s embrace. Climb the Beanstalk, explore the Nightcraft, or step through the World Door.
• New creatures and NPCs, including the machine eater, the behemoth ulagra, and the murderous shadow of the void.
• Dozens of new cyphers and artifacts.
• New horizons of the imagination to fill your players with wonder and take your Numenera campaign to realms you’ve never before imagined!
full color, hardcover