Chapter 4: "The Midnight Isles"
by Greg A. Vaughan and James Jacobs
After an audience with the Crusader Queen, the heroes journey to a fortress that straddles the boundary between this world and the demon-haunted realm of the Abyss. There, they must face powerful agents of the architects of the Worldwound and put a stop to the production of the powerful elixirs being used to grant demons mythic power. Beyond the fortress lies the Abyssal realm of the Midnight Isles, lair of the succubus queen Nocticula—and the source of the crystals used to create the mystical elixirs. Can the heroes navigate the intrigues of the Midnight Isles to strike a critical blow for the forces of good? And can they avoid losing their souls to darkness in the process?
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path and includes:
- "The Midnight Isles,” a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 12th-level characters with 5 mythic tiers, by James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan.
- A look into the vast horror of the Abyss and an exploration of its many corrupted realms, by Mike Shel.
- An overview of Nocticula’s realm of the Midnight Isles in a gazetteer of her capital city, by James Jacobs.
- A demonic siege in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Robin D. Laws.
- Four new monsters, by Amanda Hamon and James Jacobs.
Each monthly full-color softcover Pathfinder Adventure Path volume contains an in-depth adventure scenario, stats for several new monsters, and support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Pathfinder Adventure Path volumes use the Open Game License and work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the world’s oldest fantasy RPG.