||A man in crazy pajamas atop a skyscraper rains laser death
down on the streets. He's laughing as he does it. |
Below, fires bloom for the news cameras. Reporters duck debris
as they yammer on about demands and manifestoes and terror.
Meanwhile, in the background, the screams of scorched innocents
melt into the wail of sirens.
It makes me angry. My cheeks burn with it -- or that just might
be from the wind.
The madman grows closer and closer, impossibly fast. His eyes
widen as he lifts his weapon in my direction. He won't make it
My hands tighten into fists as I brace for impact.
I have a set of crazy pajamas of my own.
Superhero stories celebrate heroism and "mad, beautiful ideas" in adventurous, stylish, and fun ways; Truth & Justice is the new superhero RPG
from Atomic Sock Monkey Press dedicated to just that.
Fast, fun, and streamlined, T&J:
- Encourages the sense of freewheeling imagination and
improvisation that suffuses superhero media.
- Offers concepts to bridge the gap between comic book stories
and superhero gaming sessions.
- Stresses the importance of a hero's motivations, personal
ties, and behavior alongside their more-than-human abilities in
transcending limitations and overcoming obstacles.
- Focuses on how capable the character is from the context
of a superhero story-game rather than strictly simulating
- Emphasizes quick and flexible character generation.
The book contains:
- An exploration of superhero tropes. How to approach them
to help get what you want out of superhero roleplaying,
whether you're a player or a GM, and advice for using them
inside a game.
- A complete game system. The Prose Descriptive Qualities
(PDQ) System from Dead Inside and Monkey,
Ninja, Pirate, Robot: the RPG has been refined for T&J, streamlined and chromed-up for superheroic
flexibility, simplicity, and speed. Different levels of task
resolution, suitable for any type of situation, let you detail
the encounters that really matter.
- Three sample settings. Become the champions of
Drakesville when its signature hero gets promoted to the majors
in Second-String Supers. Navigate the twisty path between
altruism and greed in the futuristic world of SuperCorps.
Discover who you truly are and change the world in Fanfare
for the Amplified Man. Each setting comes with adventure
seeds and introductory scenarios.
Are you ready for some truth & justice? Grab your cape, cowl,
and utility belt and go!
Truth & Justice
* Written by Chad Underkoffler
* Art by Greg Holkan, Scott Kane, and Randy Milholland