‘I saw a blasphemous city coming down from the heavens and as it descended, the people cried out in woe! I saw death, madness, and transformation as the Exalted Lord brought his Master’s realm to the Crown of the Empire.’
Empire in Ruins is the fifth volume of the revised and updated Director’s Cut of The Enemy Within, one of most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. After the events of The Horned Rat the heroes have won the respect and trust of many in Middenheim, but before they can capitalise on their renown the Empire descends into the turmoil of civil strife.
In the final part of the five-part series of grim and perilous Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay adventures, a number of threats that the Characters may have thought far behind them reassert their influence. Icons of authority and leadership are found wanting, and the greatest nation in the Old World appears destined to shake itself to pieces. Only by undertaking a dangerous journey can the Characters prevent the ruination of all they hold dear.
Empire in Ruins Includes:
- The fifth part of The Enemy Within campaign, conceived by legendary WFRP writer Graeme Davis with contributions by a team of talented WFRP writers.
- The schemes of the Altdorf cell of the Purple Hand, whose plots place those of Karl-Heinz Wasmeier and the Middenheim cell in the shade.
- The ambitions of a certain Magister Impedimentae, how they coincide with the grand designs of the Purple Hand, and how they diverge.
- A culmination of controversies that have featured in adventures over the past few years. The true architect of the Ubersreik takeover, the rouser of Beastmen and mutants, the inspiration of Daemonologists and heretics, shall be revealed.
- Memorable villains such as the Madcraw tribe, the Threshers, and the multifarious departments of the remaining Purple Hand.