The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition contains the revised and updated Director’s Cut of one of the most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. This beautifully finished, exclusive Collector’s Edition set includes The Empire in Ruins and the Companion presented in a slipcase featuring the artwork from the standard editions.
Beautifully finished in Silver foil and a lustrous Spot UV finish, the Collector’s Editions covers depict the image of Sigmar Heldenhammer and a manipulative servant of Tzeentch.
As with previous volumes in this series, the books are case bound, and come with an exclusive envelope of player handouts and maps. We love creating these Collector’s Editions, and know that they’ll take pride of place on bookshelves for years to come.
‘I saw a blasphemous city coming down from the heavens and as it descended, the people cried out in woe! I saw death, madness, and transformation as the Exalted Lord brought his Master’s realm to the Crown of the Empire.’
Empire in Ruins is the fifth volume of the revised and updated Director’s Cut of The Enemy Within, one of most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. After the events of The Horned Rat the heroes have won the respect and trust of many in Middenheim, but before they can capitalise on their renown the Empire descends into the turmoil of civil strife.
In the final part of the five-part series of grim and perilous Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay adventures, a number of threats that the Characters may have thought far behind them reassert their influence. Icons of authority and leadership are found wanting, and the greatest nation in the Old World appears destined to shake itself to pieces. Only by undertaking a dangerous journey can the Characters prevent the ruination of all they hold dear.
Empire in Ruins Includes:
- The fifth part of The Enemy Within campaign, conceived by legendary WFRP writer Graeme Davis with contributions by a team of talented WFRP writers.
- The schemes of the Altdorf cell of the Purple Hand, whose plots place those of Karl-Heinz Wasmeier and the Middenheim cell in the shade.
- The ambitions of a certain Magister Impedimentae, how they coincide with the grand designs of the Purple Hand, and how they diverge.
- A culmination of controversies that have featured in adventures over the past few years. The true architect of the Ubersreik takeover, the rouser of Beastmen and mutants, the inspiration of Daemonologists and heretics, shall be revealed.
- Memorable villains such as the Madcraw tribe, the Threshers, and the multifarious departments of the remaining Purple Hand.
The Empire in Ruins Companion is the fifth and final of our five-part series of companion volumes to the Enemy Within campaign. The essential companion to campaigning in a shattered Empire is packed with supplementary material to not only expand Empire in Ruins but also provide an indispensable guide to any WFRP games set within the fractured nation.
Empire in Ruins Companion includes:
- Alternative Empires, features the ramifications of the fulfilment of the ambitions of Yann Zuntermein, Karl-Heinz Wasmeier, or the late Kastor Lieberung.
- More Madcraw, the Night Goblins and their depredations return with more details on this extraordinary remote tribe, including several new tribe members that might trouble any adventurers who stray into their territory.
- The Place of the Shining Rock, more details and fascinating lore on this sacred site holy to both Sigmar and Ulric, its storied past and geography.
- Altdorf in Chaos, highlights the several unusual phenomena that could occur in the Crown of the Empire as the Enemy Within nears its thrilling climax.
- The Imperial Ostlanders, who are these brave frontier folk, ably commanded by Reikhardt Mathis Sievers, and what part might they play in Empire in Ruins?
- The Nordland Question, during the Turmoil that shakes the Empire, many provincial areas make a play for greatness at this time. Nordland’s history and notable personalities show rebellion was inevitable sooner or later.
- The Siege of Diesdorf, under the looming threat of the Red Crown, can the Diesdorf Council keep their town in good order?
- The Bigger They Are… An Ogre as a judicial champion means most trials are decided before they begin.
- The Triumph of the Gravelord: Will the Gravelord (everyone’s favourite self-obsessed Necromancer) who has stalked the Characters since Death on the Reik, achieve supremacy?
2 books in slipcase plus PDFs.