In the oldest times, the world was ruled by dragons and demons. They were the primordial forces through which the world and its primeval matter was formed. They were opposing principles that made the world complete. Law and order versus chaos and madness. Dragons versus demons.
Dragonbane is a classic fantasy tabletop roleplaying game full of magic, mystery, and adventure. It is designed from the ground up to facilitate fast and furious play, with very little prep time and adventures that are a breeze to run. Dragonbane is a game with room for laughs at the table, while still offering brutal challenges for the adventurers. This boxed core set includes:
- Rulebook with fast and effective D20-based game rules for character creation, skills, combat, magic, and travel
- Adventures book with eleven complete adventures, to be played separately or tied together in the epic Secret of the Dragon Emperor campaign
- The booklet Alone in Deepfall Breach letting you play Dragonbane solo
- Huge full-color map of the Misty Vale
- Illustrated playing cards for adventures, treasure, and more
- Ten transparent polyhedral dice, including two custom D20s
- Five pregenerated characters
- Five blank character sheets
- Cardboard standees for characters and monsters
- Double-sided battle mat
Dragonbane is a translation of Drakar och Demoner, Scandinavia's first and biggest tabletop RPG, originally launched in 1982. This new and reimagined edition has one foot firmly planted in the heritage of decades of Swedish gaming and the other in the modern and innovative game design for which Free League Publishing is known worldwide.