Men of 13 Races fight for life and power, ignorant of their common past.
When other tools fail, Foul Sorcery is wielded without compunction.
Enigmatic and inhuman Space Aliens have crash-landed on the world.
Psionic Warriors turn the tables on the uncaring Great Old Ones with Strange Technology from the stars and beyond time’s provenance, risking Blasphemous Madness and worse to tame the Hostile Planet and push back the darkness... for a time.
Warning: For Adults Only! Contains explicit descriptions and illustrations of vile black magic and violence
CARCOSA is a weird science-fantasy horror setting compatible with traditional fantasy role-playing games. It includes:
Carcosa was originally released as a homemade 96 page booklet in October 2008, intended as Supplement V to the "original fantasy role-playing game published in 1974." This new printing is thoroughly reorganized and expanded and illustrated, no longer claims a direct tie to that game, and is presented in a 288 page deluxe hardcover format.
- a new character class: the Sorcerer who summons and controls Cthulhoid entities
- a new form of magic, including 96 sorcerous rituals
- an easy-to-use psionics system
- dice conventions
- dozens of new monsters
- tables for the random generation of spawn of Shub-Niggurath
- 5 colors of the desert lotus
- countless high-tech weapons and items of the Space Aliens
- Random Robot Generator
- technological artifacts of the Great Race and of the Primordial Ones
- 800 encounters on an outdoor hex map with an area of 34,880 square miles
- the Fungoid Gardens of the Bone Sorcerer introductory adventure
- and more, all extensively cross-referenced and indexed!
WEIRD SCIENCE-FANTASY HORROR SETTING
Carcosa is a science-fantasy role-playing game setting with a sandbox approach: whether heroic or opportune, adventurers of all stripes will find freedom and consequence worth their mettle in a horrifying milieu mixing adventure fantasy, the Mythos, and comic book sci-fi with no punches pulled.
Carcosa is compatible with Lamentations of the Flame Princess Weird FantasyRole-Playing game and other old school fantasy adventure games. This expanded edition details 800 encounters on the 400-hex map and includes the starter adventure Fungoid Gardens of the Bone Sorcerer.
The included PDF version of Carcosa is fully and extensively layered, bookmarked, and linked - truly a state of the art piece of PDF technology.
288 page A5 size hardcover.