You are a predator: a vampire who stalks human prey in the night, feasting on their blood.
Undying is a diceless tabletop roleplaying game about vampirism. Game play revolves around brief periods of intense conflict in which old rivalries and new slights spark a dramatic inferno and long stretches of intrigue in which intricate plots are set in motion by immortal conspirators.
Each player takes on the role of a vampire who stalks human prey in the night. Blood is your all-consuming passion, the object of your deepest desires and most primal needs. Your free will—your very self-determination—is a thin façade, a skin-deep veneer of civility gilding the parasite you truly are. Can you retain your humanity in the face of such desires?
- A two-phase narrative system that balances nightly drama against the sweep of centuries
- A collection of playbooks that enables archetypal and memorable character creation
- A fast-paced blood token system that pushes players to bluff and bet against their opponents
- A Byzantine political structure that draws characters into bitter conflicts with their fellow vampires
- A lore system that allows groups to customize their game to fit any vampire genre
This is what it means to be a predator.
Undying makes use of the same rules-light engine as Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, and Urban Shadows to create a narrative that is simultaneously tense and dynamic, pushing each predator to the brink through an intricate web of debts and intrigue.
168 pages, softcover