Fighting Around the World
Every culture has warriors who hone their strength, tactics, and aggression to a deadly edge. Legionaries, knights, samurai, fencers, wrestlers . . . all are martial artists. GURPS Martial Arts gives you the tools to create and play these dedicated fighters:
- Descriptions and statistics for over 100 fighting styles of all kinds.
- Nearly 100 combat techniques covering realistic and cinematic moves with bare hands and weapons. Customize a multi-attack Combination or a precise Targeted Attack or use the design system to invent new techniques.
- Detailed statistics for more than 70 weapons and notes on over 200 plus rules for improvising and customizing weapons.
- Expanded combat rules that double the options in the Basic Set.
- Dozens of flexible Style Perks that let you bend the rules to personalize your fighting style.
- Advice to players on how to create any kind of martial artist. Includes quick-start templates, innovative uses for existing abilities, and new cinematic skills.
- Biographies of famous martial artists and a timeline to assist historical games.
- Guidance for GMs on how to use all of this in an exciting campaign.
GURPS Martial Arts requires the GURPS Basic Set, Fourth Edition. The research on history, fighting arts, and weapons will enhance any game that features martial-arts action.
256 pages, softcover