The world is old. It has seen empires come and go. Its end approaches, and everyone knows it. Not least the residents of the last great mortal city—Anglekite, located in the Crater Basin. They don’t know when it will come, or how it will come, but they know that the end is nigh.
Maybe it will come in the form of the Scourge Karkis, the corrupted giant marching toward Anglekite to exterminate life out of a sense of mercy. Maybe it will come in the form of the Things From Outside, hoping to crack into this world and consume it entire. Or maybe it will come in the form of the Pyrewyrm, the massive fire dragon that is the death of the world embodied.
There are ways to fight the end. But each has its own cost. Draw in the corruption of the Things From Outside and grow powerful—and warped. Ask a boon of the demons of Pandemonium, and have demonic flesh grafted to your body. Wield the Angelbone Blade and smite your foes… and the world… with each swing.
Will the members of the Anglekite Adventurer’s Guild be able to stave off their world’s death? What terrible powers will they call upon in defense of their city? What price are they willing to pay for this dying world?
The Last Days of Anglekite is a Dying Earth-style weird fantasy setting for Dungeon World in which you play members of the Anglekite Adventurer’s Guild, the last line of defense for a dying world threatened by catastrophic powers. The Last Days of Anglekite draws from weird sword and sorcery tales and over-the-top fantasy by authors like Jack Vance, Clark Ashton Smith, and Michael Moorcock.
Through the efforts of Brendan, Mark Diaz Truman, Juan Ochoa, John Adamus, and Nathan Paoletta, it’s finally ready as a fantastic, fully laid-out setting book full of art, monsters, compendium classes, magic items, fronts, dangers, and madness.
The Last Days of Anglekite includes:
The Last Days of Anglekite is a Chaos World from Magpie Games.
- Adventure fronts, to fill the Crater Basin with dangerous threats and over-the-top quests.
- Weird and wondrous monsters, to populate the Crater Basin with the remnants of old magic and lost civilizations.
- Powerful and bizarre artifacts, each one useful and dangerous.
- Compendium classes, providing opportunities for strength to those brave enough to seize them.
- GM advice for running a game in the Crater Basin, including how best to play up the epic nature of the setting, and a whole new system for mass combat.
- Advice for running a LongCon, the format of game for which The Last Days of Anglekite was originally designed.
- An additional artbook filled with high-resolution art and maps for you to print for use at your gaming table.