Chapter 5: "The Slave Trenches of Hakotep"
By Michael Kortes
Entrenched in Peril
The Sky Pharaoh Hakotep I has risen and launched an attack against the city of Wati! The heroes return to Wati to defend it against this menace, only to discover that the attack is just the preface to a larger invasion of Osirion, controlled from Hakotep’s own flying tomb. Journeying to the Slave Trenches of Hakotep, the heroes must learn how to activate an ancient weapon to pull Hakotep’s tomb back to earth. Will the heroes bring down the flying pyramid of the Sky Pharaoh, or will their bones join the thousands of skeletons that lie crumbling within the Slave Trenches of Hakotep?
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Mummy’s Mask Adventure Path and includes:
- “The Slave Trenches of Hakotep,” a Pathfinder adventure for 13th-level characters, by Michael Kortes.
- A look into the ancient Shory people and their amazing flying cities, by Neil Spicer.
- A collection of powerful artifacts and strange relics recovered from Osirion’s First Age, by Tim Hitchcock.
- A thrilling urban pursuit in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Amber E. Scott.
- Four exciting new monsters, by Robert Brookes, Adam Daigle, Michael Kortes, and David N. Ross.
Each monthly full-color softcover Pathfinder Adventure Path volume contains an in-depth adventure scenario, stats for several new monsters, and support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Pathfinder Adventure Path volumes use the Open Game License and work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the world’s oldest fantasy RPG.