Known as the City of Monuments for its jaw-dropping skyline of
ancient ruins, magnificent towers, and stunning sculptures, Magnimar
embodies the spirit of the frontier realm of Varisia more than any other
city. But life in the City of Monuments can be an adventure all its
own. With strange monsters lurking amid the city’s ancient foundations,
bands of thieves battling for control over the city’s alleys, and the
decadent attitudes of its oldest families, Magnimar lies at a
crossroads. Will it succeed despite the obstacles thrown in its path, or
is the City of Monuments doomed to crumble under the pressure of its
own runaway success?
Magnimar, City of Monuments provides a detailed guide to one
of the most popular cities in the Pathfinder campaign setting, the
perfect base between adventures or setting of an entire urban campaign.
Inside this book you’ll find:
- An expansive gazetteer of Magnimar’s nine districts, from the
marble-lined streets of the Alabaster District to the blood-drenched
alleys of Underbridge.
- Notes on the plans and plots of dozens of Magnimar’s most famous and
infamous movers and shakers, from heads of government to criminal
- Revelations about the city’s deadliest mysteries, insights into the
cults that plot amid its shadows, reports on the monsters that hunt
beneath its streets, and other secrets.
- Allies and enemies for all sorts of adventures, including healers and hell-raisers suitable for any type of campaign.
- Stat blocks for a wide variety of Magnimar’s denizens, whether they
be citizens, angelic guardians, or gigantic monsters that haunt the
city’s fears and legends.
- Dozens of connections to adventures set within Varisia, such as the Rise of the Runelords and Shattered Star Adventure Paths.
Magnimar, City of Monuments is intended for use with the
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can
easily be used in any fantasy game.
By Adam Daigle and James Jacobs.