“If you’re planning on running a campaign, you’ll want this book.
” — Critical Hits review
“In my opinion Odyssey is a must-have for all newbie and veteran GMs out there who are interested in managing their campaigns better.” — Stargazer’s World review
“After reading Odyssey, I came away feeling better about the mistakes I’ve made over the years, and feeling great about the things I know I’ve done well. I’m really excited to apply my newfound knowledge to future campaigns.” — Gamer: The Blogging review
What’s in the book?
Odyssey is jam-packed with in-depth advice on starting, managing, and ending campaigns. Whether you’re an old hand or are new to game mastering, you’ll find a wealth of tips and techniques you can put to immediate use in Odyssey. To our knowledge, Odyssey is the first system-neutral book solely dedicated to the art of managing campaigns.
Odyssey’s authors bring unique perspectives to the topic of campaign management. Phil is a project manager and wrote Never Unprepared: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Session Prep. Walt is an improvisational game master with years of experience in the tabletop RPG industry. Both write for the award-winning game mastering blog Gnome Stew, and they collaborated on Masks: 1,000 Memorable NPCs for Any Roleplaying Game and Eureka: 501 Adventure Plots to Inspire Game Masters.
Odyssey is full of practical guidance on campaign management for almost any RPG:
- A guide to starting a new campaign, from coming up with the initial concept to running a smooth first session
- Tips on structuring stories, handling problem players, and making your campaign thrive
- Advice on actively managing every element of your campaign — stories, characters, players, risk, and change — while avoiding common pitfalls
- Examples of how every aspect of campaign management looks when handled well or badly
- How to end campaigns on a high note, including what to avoid
204 pages, softcover
Das PDF des Buches ist im Lieferumfang enthalten.