||A World of Steam and Darkness!
In Aden, a thousand-year Golden Age of prosperity gave rise to an unprecedented development: the fusion of magic and technology into a unique discipline called mechamagic. Arcane power, steam power, and gundpowder changed the world almost overnight. The Golden Age ended, and the Age of Thunder began. It seemed there would be no limit to the industry and ingenuity of man.
Until the Darkfall.
A supernatural cataclysm of unknown origin, the Darkfall plunged the world into darkness as the sun was blotted out for only a moment. In that moment, every nightmare and horror imagined byt he people of Aden sprang into existence, and the world was thrown into chaos. Villages were wiped from the face of the world, entire cities burned, and tens of thousands perished in an instant. It seemed that the world would die in flames.
But Aden will not die so easily.
Now, ten years later, the people of Aden struggle to survive in the face of unrelenting assault by horrors beyond imagining. It is a world of magic, a world of industry, a world of horror.
It is the world of Aden.
Thunderscape: the World of Aden is a setting and mechanics sourcebook compatible with the Pathfinder Role-Playing Game. Within the pages of this book you will find the following:
- Details on twelve different races of Aden, eight of which are new to this work!
- Nine base classes heavily integrated into the setting but portable to all manner of campaigns, from the golem-commanding mechamage to the legend-summoning thaumaturge!
- New traits and feats, and new uses for existing skills!
- New spells, new technology, and new magic items!
- A sample bestiary of eleven creatures from Aden!
- And much, much more!