THOSE EYES GREW AND BECAME GIGANTIC, AND IN THEM THE CIMMERIAN GLIMPSED THE REALITY OF ALL THE ABYSMAL AND BLASPHEMOUS HORRORS THAT LURK IN THE OUTER DARKNESS OF FORMLESS VOIDS AND NIGHTED GULFS.
Horrors of the Hyborian Age is the definitive guide to the monstrous creatures inhabiting the dark tombs, ruined cities, forgotten grottos, dense jungles, and sinister forests of Conan’s world. This collection of beasts, monsters, undead, weird races, and mutants are ready to pit their savagery against the swords and bravery of the heroes of the Hyborian Age.
Drawn from the pages of Robert E. Howard’s Conan stories, this roster also includes creatures and alien horrors from H.P. Lovecraft ’s Cthulhu Mythos, to which Howard inextricably bound his Hyborian Age. Other entries are original, chosen carefully to reflect the tone and dangers of Conan’s world.
- A variety of natural creatures, such as wild animals, dinosaurs, and living plant horrors.
- Elementals, golems, sapient magic circles, and other beings created with deep sorcery.
- Classic monsters presented with a Howardian flair, such as the siren, vampire, lamia, and mummy.
- Lovecraftian menaces such as Old Ones, colors from the Outer Dark, dimensional shamblers, shoggoths, and the abominable Tcho-Tcho.
- The monstrous off spring of the serpent god Set: giant serpents, the children of Yig, and the serpent-folk.
- New creature qualities and abilities, rules for creating mutations and chimerical horrors, and guidance for handling monsters and creatures in your Conan games.
- New Beast and Beast Master archetypes and backgrounds, and expanded rules for the Animal Handling skill.
- Stunning art produced by new and renowned Conan artists.
- Developed with leading Conan scholars, the creatures here haunt the recesses of the Hyborian world, a menace to the weak as well as the powerful.
This book requires the Robert E. Howard’s Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of corebook to use.
Das PDF des Buches ist im Lieferumfang enthalten.