The World Wide Wrestling Roleplaying Game enables you to create your own professional wrestling franchise through play, showcasing satisfying and surprising storylines. It’s about feuds, championships, betrayal, and righteous victory. It’s about the clash of good and evil on the grandest stage. It’s about whether you’ve got what it takes. And, in the end, it’s about what the audience thinks of your efforts.
- Supports in-ring action, backstage drama and the development of pro wrestling storylines that tie them together.
- Rules that create classic pro wrestling storylines while also allowing you room to subvert and invent your own.
- Provides all the tools for players unfamiliar with the genre to participate, while supporting fans in playing out their favorite wrestling tropes.
- Episodic play that accommodates irregular attendance and fluctuating group sizes.
- Powered by the Apocalypse
The World Wide Wrestling RPG is a game of narrative professional wrestling excitement, action and drama. It scales well from 3-9 players. One player is Creative, tasked with booking the shows, introducing antagonists and coming up with basic storylines. The other players take on pro wrestling archetypes, called Gimmicks, and play their wrestlers through feuds, partnerships and betrayals. Everyone at the table is competing for that "top spot," but they're also working together to entertain their viewing audience!
This game is accessible to both wrestling fans curious about roleplaying, and experienced roleplayers who want to see what professional wrestling is all about.
Creative (the Game Master role) comes up with basic storylines and literally books each Episode of play, decided who's on screen when, who's in what match and, most importantly, who's going to win. The players play out their wrestlers as they participate in these segments, but they have agency to pursue their own agendas and "swerve" what Creative has in mind. Creative has to roll with the punches and make it look like what happens is what they had in mind all along!
Wrestling matches are handled by back-and-forth dramatic narration, mediated by the characters in-ring abilities and how the dice fall. Whether a quick squash or an epic full-roster Battle Royal, wrestling matches are exciting affairs that both build character and drive the ongoing storylines.
160 pages, softcover
Das PDF des Buches ist im Lieferumfang enthalten.