The Twilight of the gods nears;
brother will kill brother,
families will be sundered by incest.
Four ages are afoot:
an Axe Age, a Sword Age,
where shields are cloven,
a Wind Age, a Wolf Age,
where the world falls.
None shall be spared…
Welcome to Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok
Deep in the throes of Fimbulwinter, Viking heroes rise to the challenge of stemming the dark tide that has engulfed Midgard! The sun and the moon have been devoured as the worlds upon the cosmic tree Yggdrasil have been cloaked in a penumbral shroud. The gods are reinforcing Asgard for the coming fury of the giants. The war cry has echoed through every corner of the world, will you heed the call?
Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok Core Rulebook is an all inclusive book that will allow players to create personalized characters that will then embark on epic sagas. Using the innovative Runic Game System, you will spin the tale of daring heroes performing epic feats in a hostile world. Partake in a visceral and tactical combat system that rewards teamplay and good strategy.
Inside the book you'll find:
- A role-playing game that brings forth the essence of the Viking sagas
- Deep and engaging world where the adventures are limitless
- Contains all rules needed to play the game that is designed for 2-8 players
- Game-driven by the Runic Game System (RGS): no need for dice, just a set of mystic
runes (included as printout and also available in semi-precious stone sets)
- Choose from 15 different playable archetype specializations
- A host of fearsome adversaries
- Myriad of powers, spells and skills that bring the denizens to life