Save The World . . . Or Destroy It!
GURPS Powers is the ultimate guide to ultimate abilities for ultimate heroes. Want to create a comic-book superhero? A wuxia fighter? An earth-shattering psi? A wizard or shaman with abilities far beyond mere spells and rituals? A god? With the GURPS Basic Set and Powers in hand, the only limit is your imagination. Powers has everything you need to create superhuman heroes, including:
- Case-by-case advice on how to turn over 100 advantages from the Basic Set into superhuman abilities - complete with new special modifiers, variant traits, optional rules, and plenty of worked examples.
- Five flexible new advantages: Control, Create, Illusion, Leech, and Static.
- Dozens of all-new enhancements and limitations that let you fine-tune your abilities.
- Specific suggestions for representing hard-to-game abilities, including super-speed, invulnerability, stopping time, and granting wishes.
- Options that change the way groups of abilities work, such as Energy Reserves to fuel them and "alternative abilities" that don't all work at once.
- Advice on personalizing your abilities with special effects.
- Hundreds of worked-out sample abilities - energy blasts, supernatural curses, defenses, subtle mental gifts, and much more.
- Rules for powers - groups of abilities that originate from a common source and have common benefits and drawbacks - with over 40 ready-to-use examples.
- Guidelines on biological, chi, divine, elemental, magical, moral, nature, psionic, spirit, and super powers - even godlike cosmic powers - with special attention to how they interact.
- A full chapter on powers in action, covering stunts such as combining powers and using existing abilities as entirely different ones - and drawbacks such as crippling powers and losing control of them.
- Advice to GMs on how to keep it all fun and prevent high-powered heroes from trashing adventures and campaigns.
So what are you waiting for? Crack open Powers and power up your game!
240 pages, softcover